locked Re: Special messages

Shal,

On Thu, Jan 15, 2015 at 12:39 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

"No Mail" is a feature that perennially generates heated commentary on the various Yahoo Groups moderator forums. Some moderators are adamant about preventing members from choosing the option, some members are equally vehement in asserting that messing with the member's delivery choice is a violation of the member's prerogatives.

Personally I think both sides in this argument are a bit foolish.

Thanks for your summary of the arguments. I'm really torn on this. I understand the people that want 'no mail' to mean no mail. I also understand the need from time to time for moderators to get in touch with users. And we make it easy enough for moderators to contact individual users from the website, regardless of their subscription setting.

I'm tempted to make no mail mean no mail except special messages, if for no other reason than it's simpler, and we already have a billion subscription options. If anyone feels very strongly in the other direction about this, please speak up now.