locked Re: Is GMAIL putting groups.io in promo tab?

On 5/8/2016 6:32 AM, J_catlady wrote:

I'm not sure I agree, Shal, that it's like spam. The messages I've seen
in promotions have looked more to me like paid advertisements than the
usual spam messages. ???
Most are paid ads, but other things get in there also - and I suspect it
is based on who it's from. All of the mail from the Geek Squad on my
computer status are in there, so the filter for GMail probably says
Best Buy=store=ad, and is not bothering to use more finesse than that.

Also - all the monthly probes from my Mail-Man lists wind up there, no
matter where the list is housed.

dg