locked Re: Search

On Mon, Apr 25, 2016 at 05:16 pm, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Now when entering a message number, it'll stay on Message or Expanded
Message View. If you were viewing the results of a search, the search is
cleared. The sort order (ascending or descending) is kept the same.
It's better now, though entering a message number seems to always go to Message View if I was in Expanded Message View. However, switching back to Expanded Message View stays on the same number, so it's just one extra step.

In single message view, the next and previous arrows use the sort order
from the Messages page that you came from. So if you were viewing from
newest to oldest, the next arrow will go back in time, and vice versa. This
is so you can go through search results one message at a time. I can
understand how it would be confusing, and I'm not sure how to make it
better.
If it were me, I'd want them to always go to the real Next or Previous message regardless of the sort order. However, I understand others are more used to it reacting based on sort order, so I'll just adapt to whatever it ends up as.

By the way, the visited link color changes are no longer useful. I think it's because of an "offset" added to the URL. They change color for a while, but as soon as someone posts something new, the offsets all change, so they aren't the same links anymore. Something I read yesterday won't be colored as having been read anymore.

Thanks,

JohnF