locked Re: Special messages
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Hi Mark, now that I understand that a special message is the equivalent to a Special Notice in Yahoo, I agree with all of your bullets.
Thanks again for all you are doing on this.
SW Florida - USA
From: Mark Fletcher [mailto:email@example.com]
As part of getting ready for group transfers, I'm adding the ability to send special messages, like Yahoo has. I'm a bit unfamiliar with exactly how they work, can someone fill me in? Here's what I think, please correct me if I'm wrong:
- Special messages can only be created through posting through the website and checking the special box
- In addition to the normal subscription options, there's a 'Special Messages only' option
- Special messages get delivered to everyone except people who have their subscription set to no mail.
- If a person is on digest, the special message is included in the digest
- Only moderators and owners can send special messages
- If the person sending the special message is moderated (or the group is), the special message needs to be approved first, like normal messages.
Did I miss anything?