locked Re: Special messages

Duane

On Yahoo, a Special Message was (is?) a very important item that all members need to be aware of.  The only time I used it was on a group that I was moving to another site.  I wanted to make sure that everyone was aware of it.

Which brings me to another suggestion.  Instead of a "No Email" option, make it "Special Notices Only".  On the group I moved, I had to go in and change everyone on No Email to Special Notices to make sure everyone saw it.  If the feature is used properly, it should amount to almost the same thing.  The other option would be something similar to what is used on BigTent.  There's a feature named Blast that sends the message to everyone, regardless of their message settings.  Either should only be available to Owners/Moderators.  Making it an option for the Moderators might not be a bad idea either.