locked Re: Special messages
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
Mark, I would like a better description of a ‘special message’. I ask this because currently, we have what I could call a special message such as a message that goes to a person that is pended waiting to be approved, when they are approved, when they leave the group, file type messages that are sent each month that have the group rules, etc.
When would the special message as you mentioned be used? All of the messages I mentioned above are in the files section of the group and have various scheduling options the owner/moderator can select.
SW Florida - USA
From: Mark Fletcher [mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org]
As part of getting ready for group transfers, I'm adding the ability to send special messages, like Yahoo has. I'm a bit unfamiliar with exactly how they work, can someone fill me in? Here's what I think, please correct me if I'm wrong:
- Special messages can only be created through posting through the website and checking the special box
- In addition to the normal subscription options, there's a 'Special Messages only' option
- Special messages get delivered to everyone except people who have their subscription set to no mail.
- If a person is on digest, the special message is included in the digest
- Only moderators and owners can send special messages
- If the person sending the special message is moderated (or the group is), the special message needs to be approved first, like normal messages.
Did I miss anything?