locked Re: Edited messages #changelog

Hi Susan,

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 11:53 AM, Susan B <doggiesmail@...> wrote:
Mark,
Our small group of mods would be way overtaxed with this. Have you thought about my suggestion to have this feature of being able to edit or delete turned off by the owner? I hope?

I generally believe that a user should be able to delete their own messages if they desire. I also believe this is how Yahoo Groups currently works (please correct me if I'm wrong). Y! Groups does not have editing, and I can see how that could be abused, which is one of the reasons why I made it a priority to put in the system to track changes to messages.

Have you had people abuse this feature? My general bias is to try to not add too many feature toggles, to overly complicate the service. But if there's a good reason, of course I'll consider it.