Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] Disable archives?

Steve,

 > I'd hope that with io groups, though, at least the "new" io group
 > messages would be in archives that the group owner could download if
 > desired.

Yes, that's already a feature.

Each group's Settings page (available only to moderators) has a
"Download Archives" tab which produces a plain-text file that is the
group's archives in Mailbox (.mbx) format. So you get the original email
headers, MIME parts, and attachments of all the posted messages. An
email client like Thunderbird can import that file and show it to you as
a folder full of email messages.

-- Shal