locked Re: Disable archives?

Dano,

Disabling the message archives would remove one of the great features of
groups. ...
So delete my message archives?? You might as well delete my group!
I don't think that was the proposal. I think the proposal was that the Archives have an access control option that includes "Off".

I don't think I would use it in any of my groups, and clearly neither would you. But that doesn't mean the option shouldn't be there - for those groups where it would be appropriate. I've long maintained that the genius of Yahoo Groups lay partly in its adaptability - even to use cases beyond the imagination of its current users or developers.

That doesn't mean having options for everything. But a well-designed and fleshed out set of controls can be both easy to understand and provide unexpectedly useful combinations.

-- Shal