locked Re: hide photo details #suggestion

Unfortunately, most of my group members would be completely incapable of doing that.

On Sat, Mar 19, 2016 at 11:29 AM, Jim Fisher <ejf@...> wrote:
You can suppress this information (other than, obviously, file size and date
uploaded) by removing it before posting. Read the image into most image
processing programs and simply save it again, and all that metadata is gone.
This is simply because the image has become one created by the program, not one
created by photography. I found this by accident when processing photos (e.g.
cropping) them before uploading to my own web site. I believe some image
processing programs provide a facility for editing the metadata, although I've
never tried to do it.

Jim Fisher

On 18 Mar 2016 at 19:20, J_catlady wrote:

> It seems odd that uploaded photos contain so much information about how they
> were taken. Can this be hidden? Here's a typical one. The only info that seems
> necessary here is the date the photo was uploaded:
>
> Taken: Mar 2, 2016, 6:01 pm
> Uploaded: Mar 16, 2016, 8:40 am
> Size: 1.6MB
>  Apple iPhone 6
> Aperture: f/2.2
> Focal Length: 4.15 mm
> ISO: 640
> Shutter Speed: 1/17 sec

http://www.jimella.me.uk - my personal web site covering many subjects (not
currently working - hosting company problems)
http://jimellame.tumblr.com - My thoughts on freedom
Forget Google! I search with https://duckduckgo.com  which doesn't spy on you