locked Re: hide photo details #suggestion

J,

I get that some photo buffs might appreciate it, but I see it as a minor
violation of privacy. OTOH I'm a privacy nut.;)
For privacy protection we'd need an option to strip the EXIF data as the image file is uploaded. Otherwise, as Duane pointed out, it would be available to anyone who downloaded the picture.

Perhaps it could be made a user option, just as location sharing was
(is) an option in Y!G?
I could see that as a Subscription option, included in the defaults a group can set via the group's "Default Sub Settings" tab of the Settings page.

And yes, more than just "Keep" or "Discard" the whole thing - I'd welcome an option that strips geolocation info (the GPS coordinates) while keeping less sensitive information about the photo itself.

Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum