locked Re: trimming and e-mail

Laurence Taylor

On 12/10/2014 17:57, Mark Fletcher wrote:
Hi Ronaldo,

Figuring out what's quoted and what isn't is a very tricky thing to do
programmatically, because there are so many different ways of indicating
quoting. What we try to do right now is only collapse a quoted part of a
message if there's only one quoted part of the message, and if the quoted
part falls at the end of the message. It's more tricky if it's an HTML
message, and we're not as good at it as I'd like, but that's the goal.
On that subject, is it possible to send plain text messages (no MIME
codes, no odd symbles, just good old 7-bit, like this one is) and have
them pass through unmolested?

Also, what happens if someone sends something written in HTML? Does your
system try to extract the text, or is it left up to the recipient's mail
reader?

--
rgds
LAurence