locked Re: Severe bug discovered.

Green Fizzpops

On Mon, Nov 2, 2015 at 08:50 pm, Christopher-Mark Gilland <clgilland07@...> wrote:
I have a friend who is on a tech list I help admin.  He was talking about the OS for the Mac El Capitan.  The issue is, he actually wrote the word Capitan as it would be normally written in spanish with the accent mark over the letter A.  (á)

By him doing this in the subject field, Groups.io delivered his message to the list archive, but it didn't allow the message to actually get e-mailed out to all subscribers.  The only way I know he posted this in the first place is that he told me, and I went on the back admin side, and found it in the list archives.

It seems that the acute symbol is confusing the listserv from sending out the message, if there is any type of diacritic attached to any letters within the subject field.

IE:  El Capitan would work, but El Capitán wouldn't.

I hope this makes sense.  We do not want to set the locale of our list to Spanish, to allow those characters within the unicode set, as primarily, our list is english only.

Chris.

 Has this bug been resolved?