locked Re: Appearance of home page

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 6:34 PM, D R Stinson <dano@...> wrote:

Mark -

This is a very small detail in the scheme of things, but I thought I'd toss it out so you can allow it to marinate. I've created groups on groups.io to replace my groups on Y! I've modified the graphic for the home page of the big group so people arriving at the group would know they're 'home' so to speak. Is there a way to change the color of the group name that groups.io inserts to transparent? You can see what I'm referring to at https://groups.io/org/groupsio/MILW .

I know the issue. Ideally, we need to automatically figure out the 'prominent' color of the background image, and choose a color for the text that provides enough contrast. It can be done, but it's not quite a quick fix. Another, easier but uglier, option is to put a slightly transparent black box around the text.

I've got this on the todo list to fix.