locked Re: Site updates #changelog

On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 2:56 PM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
On Fri, Feb 26, 2016 at 02:40 pm, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
  • BUGFIX: In some circumstances you could join a subgroup without joining the parent group. Now if you directly try to join a subgroup, you're added to the main group as well.
  •  I'm hoping the change in bold does not apply in general, but rather, only to the circumstances of the bug (whatever they were). In particular, I'm hoping (and assuming?) it does not apply to a restricted main group with an unrestricted subgroup. Right?

    Correct. If you try to directly join a subgroup and the main group is restricted, it functions like you only applied to the main group. You are not added to the subgroup.