locked Re: Draft Code of Conduct

Green Fizzpops

I quite like the order of that list. It makes me feel welcome and not an afterthought.

Regards
Green

On Tue, Feb 23, 2016 at 7:05 AM, Jennifer Christian <jhchristian@...> wrote:

You may want to reorder this list:  "......for everyone regardless of gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, or nationality"   To my eye, a list beginning with four nouns in a row dealing with gender/sexual expression could create the impression that Groups.io is intended mostly for people in those groups.  I suggest rearranging the order so it starts with the more traditional protected freedoms and expands on them as desired.  Might want to add political affiliation, since remaining civil can be a challenge there, too.

Also, the Code might mention that Groups that use Groups.io are free to have additional provisions to this code of conduct.  For example, the rules for one of my groups is that everyone has to sign their posts with full name, profession and geographic location.

Jennifer Christian. .