locked Re: Edits, deletions, moderation, oh my!

Susan B,

Regarding deleted items - in a group here, we would not want members
editing or deleting their own posts and would not even want it if
proposed edits and deletes had to go to moderators for approval first.
I think a group should always allow a member to delete his/her own posts, without moderator intervention. That would be in keeping with the principle that the member owns his/her content, and that participation is voluntary.

We would like all posts to go to a Pending area as they do on Yahoo, and
to be able to approve, edit or reject the messages (reject with or
without an explanation).
Those features already exist.

In the group's Settings page you can check the "Moderated" box to moderate all messages, and/or the "New Users Moderated" box to set new members' subscription to moderated. You can also set the moderation for individual members via their "Posting Privileges", click their entry in the Members list. This works similarly to Yahoo Groups.

In the pending page you can Approve, Edit, Reject, or Delete the pending messages. Reject sends back a reply to the member, Delete does not.

We would like all Files to be in alphabetical order,
You can click on the column headings to sort alphabetically, by type, by size or by modified date.

and since we are in the U..S. we want dates to be written Month, Day,
Year - and not European style.
If this becomes an option, I would hope it is an option in the member's profile or subscription, not a group-wide setting. But there has been another thread, "Dates on Groups.io" where this has been discussed further.

I would prefer to see the word "Archives" on the left changed to
"Message Board." To me, archives implies old stuff ("the dusty archives
of the library"), not curent messages.
My only concern with calling it "Messages" or "Message Board" relates to a mistake which has happened in Yahoo Groups: some instances have been reported where a novice moderator mistook the Messages section for a kind of personal inbox. So they deleted the messages as they read them. I think "Archives" better reflects their precious value as the only on-line copy of the messages.

I am unable to find a place to change email preferences.
Look on the "Subscription" page.

I am getting all emails as the messages post, which is fine with me, but
all are coming in plain text and links are unclickable. I am using
Windows Mail on Windows 7.
Perhaps there's an option in Windows Mail to automatically linkify URLs in plain text messages. That's a default behavior in email clients such as Eudora Classic and Thunderbird.

Most messages from other sources come to me in HTML with clickable
links. These seem to be coming in plain text. I am hoping there's an
option for html emails.
In Groups.io messages come through in the way they were posted, be that plain text or formatted.

I would like to see an option to read messages threaded or flat (as they
come in, chronologically). There are good uses for both, and sometimes
you want one, and sometimes the other.
In the Archives, Thread View or Message View, at your service.

Searching: Should be able to search using any word you choose. Hashtags
don't matter in that case.
That's what the Search box does.

-- Shal