locked Re: Duplicate messages bug?

I've posted instructions to my group members to minimize editing and to do it if only when there's an important factual correction. I've advised using a 'p.s.' instead when possible, and when not, to make the edit stand out by putting it (or part of it) in caps, and putting a pointer to the edit in the 'reason' box. I don't know whether this will mitigate the problem.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 15, 2016, at 3:10 PM, Ro <recarlton@...> wrote:

Moderators/Owners would still have the ability to allow editing of messages.   it would be an option that some would use and some wouldnt

I dont know how "accurate" archives are when there are multiple edited emails that you have to use a word by word comparison to figure out whats been changed.  Just adds unnecessary messages to the archives IMO.

Ro

with Sally and Silk waiting at their feed dishes, and Handy, Feliz &  Police Kitty patrolling in the Great Beyond.

Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2016 14:45:15 -0800
Subject: Re: [beta] Duplicate messages bug?
From: markf@corp.groups.io
To: beta@groups.io.

After tonight's fiasco, I agree even more strongly with @Ro that an option to disallow edits by group members would be a desirable feature.
I feel that to compete with all the other services, you need to be able to edit messages these days. I also think it's a good feature in general in that I think it leads to better, more accurate archives. That said, perhaps there are things we can do to address the 'million little tweaks' issue. I'll start another thread with some ideas.