locked Re: Duplicate messages bug?

On Sat, Feb 13, 2016 at 11:29 PM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:

 Something was definitely amiss because the Activity logged no edits at all by the user = just "sent messages." I thought it was part of the bug, but it turned out to be a separate bug that Mark says he will fix next week.

I've fixed the activity logging of edited messages now.

After tonight's fiasco, I agree even more strongly with @Ro that an option to disallow edits by group members would be a desirable feature.

I feel that to compete with all the other services, you need to be able to edit messages these days. I also think it's a good feature in general in that I think it leads to better, more accurate archives. That said, perhaps there are things we can do to address the 'million little tweaks' issue. I'll start another thread with some ideas.