locked "your subscription has not been approved" banner displays for wrong group #bug

If I click on a group for which my membership has not yet been approved, the bannerĀ "your subscription has not yet been approved" banner does not come up. However, it DOES come up for any subsequent group I click on (and which I'm a member of). It goes away only after I click on some function within the group.

(Note: I thought I was imagining this at first. But since I applied for membership in a group that seems to be inactive, and it's been a week or two since I applied to it, I've seen the behavior several times now.)