locked Re: trimming and e-mail

No problem at all! If you come across terms you don't know or have suggestions for how we can make the site easier to understand, please say so. I'll be the first to admit that there's a lot that can be done to make the site easier to understand.

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 10:01 AM, Cherrill <cdjamieson@...> wrote:
okay, sorry for all the questions.
so many of the emails are totally foreign to me; I have no idea what most of the words mean, but I guess I will learn.   My groups are mostly just fun stuff.
Cherrill

On Oct 12, 2014, at 10:58 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Cherrill,

Ronaldo was just asking about how the messages are displayed in the archives. We don't delete anything. And the quoted parts are just collapsed (not shown).. You can click a button and they'll show up. It's just to try to make the archives easier to read.

Hope this helps.
Mark

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 9:48 AM, Cherrill <cdjamieson@...> wrote:
if I am understanding this correctly, I would not want anything deleted.  That is up to the group members if that is a rule of the group; which it is in a lot of canine/feline health groups, but isn’t in just chatty groups

Cherrill

On Oct 12, 2014, at 10:34 AM, ro-esp@... wrote:

Hi, I'm new here.

the archive looks pretty "clean", but how does it work in email?  Is there an option to use the traditional interspersing quoting ( http://www.learn.to/quote )? Is there an autotrim-feature like on googlegroups (the only "edge" googlegroups has IMHO), that deletes everything under the last unindented line?

Are messages sorted according to subjectline? does the system assign a new thread to a message that has the subjectline changed?
                                                groetjes, Ronaldo