locked Re: Tracking features/bugs

Shal,

On Sun, Jan 11, 2015 at 1:33 AM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

I know Ticket management is not quite the same thing, but it overlaps. Is it too heavyweight a solution? Or are you not ready for User-supplied feedback in that form?

The answer to all your excellent questions is, "I don't know." I want to run Groups.io as transparently as possible, in terms of development. Part of that is this group, beta. Part of it is me posting what changes have been made to the site with the #updates tag. But there are a couple pieces missing, so I'm exploring options. For my own sanity I need something to track and prioritize features and bugs to work on. And that should be publicly viewable (and easy to understand for non-developers, which eliminates some bug trackers). I can see as beta gets bigger that a dedicated system for voting on features would be a good idea as well.

I've never run a company like that before, so it's uncharted waters for me. So, ya, trying some things and seeing what works. It seems like Trello might work at this stage of things for some of this.

The "elephant in the corner" then is: why not the beta group's wiki page for this purpose? I see you started down that path, but I imagine that a tool like Trello, already honed for this purpose, proved to be more facile.

Right. It felt like a more dedicated solution was better in this case.

So, anyways, suggestions and feedback are appreciated.