locked Re: transferring my group from Yahoo

Steph Mathews <smathews@...>

Hi Terry,
You have to add that email address to your group, set it to no mail, set it as a moderator giving it permission to do things with your members section of your group and other things, then send an email to support@groups.io letting them know the name of your yahoo group you added the transfer address too as well as the name of the group you're trying to get them transferred too that is on Groups.io. Then you just got to wait till the transfer is completed.

I hope that this helps, Steph

--------------------------------------------------
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 9:46 AM
To: <beta@groups.io>
Subject: [beta] transferring my group from Yahoo

Okay - I'm stumped. I invited everyone in my yahoo group to join the groups.io group - but apparently most of them didn't get the invitation. So now I want to try the 'easy transfer' method.

I'm ready to transfer my group to io, but can't see how to do it. I invited transfer@groups.io to join my group - but how does transfer@groups.io actually join? I can't add the address - Yahoo won't let me. So now what? (feeling rather dumb for not having followed this thread from the beginning.)

Terry S
--
"Do the right thing at the right time for the right reason with the right person: act appropriately and all the rest will fall into line." - Matthew Scudder

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.