locked Re: trimming and e-mail

Hi Ronaldo,

Figuring out what's quoted and what isn't is a very tricky thing to do programmatically, because there are so many different ways of indicating quoting. What we try to do right now is only collapse a quoted part of a message if there's only one quoted part of the message, and if the quoted part falls at the end of the message. It's more tricky if it's an HTML message, and we're not as good at it as I'd like, but that's the goal.

Mark

On Sun, Oct 12, 2014 at 9:34 AM, <ro-esp@...> wrote:
Hi, I'm new here.

the archive looks pretty "clean", but how does it work in email?  Is there an option to use the traditional interspersing quoting ( http://www.learn.to/quote )? Is there an autotrim-feature like on googlegroups (the only "edge" googlegroups has IMHO), that deletes everything under the last unindented line?

Are messages sorted according to subjectline? does the system assign a new thread to a message that has the subjectline changed?
                                                groetjes, Ronaldo