From: Mark Fletcher [mailto:markf@corp.groups.io]
Sent: Friday, January 09, 2015 5:55 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Edits, deletions, moderation, oh my!

Hi All,

I had hoped to have the first version of this completed by today, but I ended up having to make a lot of changes to the code and it's not quite ready yet. For this version:

- Members can edit their messages, and if they are moderated (or the group is moderated), their changes will have to be approved by the moderator.

- Members can delete their messages without approval needed. Deleted messages are replaced with 'This message has been deleted'.

- Moderators with the correct privileges can do all of this as well.

- Edits to messages are kept and are viewable/diffable, just like wiki pages.

One question for you all. Right now there is no way to make a message completely disappear. If a message is deleted, it's replaced with 'This message has been deleted.'. Should I allow moderators to completely nuke a message so that it's like it never happened?