locked Re: situation requiring band-aid while join flow is worked out
On Wed, Jan 20, 2016 at 9:10 PM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
- you can approve their membership, but they're still not confirmed and so won't be able to participate in the group.
I don't know whether this issue will ever occur with the redesign, but is it possible to add an action item called "send confirmation email" that a moderator could apply to a member marked NC?
Already exists. If you click on the member marked NC, in their subscription page is a button 'Send Confirmation Email'.
Back to your first email, I'm guessing the following scenario happened:
- your member was not registered with Groups.io, and applied to join your group either from the website or via the groupname+subscribe email address.
- this generated a confirmation email to them. their user state is NC at this point.
- you got a notice saying you have a pending member.
- for whatever reason, they did not reply to the confirmation email.
What you can do:
- you can send them another confirmation email, or if they log into the web site, they'll be presented with a banner telling them they need to confirm their account, along with a link to send another confirmation email.
- you can invite them. if they respond to the invitation, either by replying to it or clicking on the link in the email, that will confirm their account.
- you can upgrade your group and get the direct add feature, and then just add them directly which will also confirm their account.
Hope this explains things.