locked setting to disallow 'no email' and require at least 'special announcements' #suggestion

Edited

I've decided to disallow 'no email' as a subscription option and require as a minimum 'special announcements' so that I'll be able to reach everyone (or at least, have a better chance of reaching everyone) when I really need to. I've had to manually change members' subscription options who choose 'no email.' I personally know a couple of other moderators who also now require this minimum. I would love a setting 'disallow no-email' (yes or no). That would effectively set the bar at 'special announcements' or 'digest.' BTW, do digest members receive special announcements as part of the digest or as a separate message? I would prefer the latter. I don't know or remember (or care;) how Yahoo did that.

Sent from my iPhone