locked Re: questions (suggestions?) re "status" and "reason" columns in invitations

Another transferee is having problems this morning. I was surprised to find a membership application from her and had to explain that the transfer process had already added her. This seems to be another case of missing emails. I'm not sure.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:19 AM, J_Olivia Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Thanks, Mark.

It's unclear what happened in this case, since the invitation (and his acceptance of it, or attempt to accept - he did THINK he'd accepted, as he told me he had, which is still the "confusing invitation" issue) - the invitation and his application to join the group (and my approval of that) happened concurrently. I'm not sure which one went through the system first. Last night, the NC appeared next to his hame. I tried to email him some instructions to log in, create a password, etc., and this morning the NC was gone. I'm still not sure what happened.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 9:11 AM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
On Tue, Jan 19, 2016 at 6:05 AM, J_catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
I'm not talking about that page. The page arrived. I'm just asking, again, what NC means in terms of its effects - not in terms of what the user did or didn't do in response to the confirm email. Is it just informational or does it affect the user's status/permissions in any way? How does it go away once it's been set - what should the moderator or user do?

If someone is not confirmed, they are treated like they are not subscribed to the group. If archives are private, they can't see them, etc.

Also: it seems incorrect that in the 'outstanding invitations' page the invitation is marked 'sent' rather than 'accepted,' even though the member is listed in the actual (not pending) members list. Possibly this is related to the NC designation. But I find the situation at least confusing.

If the person didn't click on the invite link, but instead became a member through just joining the group the 'normal' way, that could explain what you're seeing.

Notes on invites: People who accept invite links are automatically confirmed if they weren't before, and they do not become pending members if the list is restricted, they are normal members. If you have your group set to New Users Moderated, then they do get set with the NuM status.

Hope this helps.