locked Re: questions (suggestions?) re "status" and "reason" columns in invitations

I now have one member who sent a membership request concurrently with my sending him an invitation (unbeknownst to each other at the time). I accepted his membership request and it turned out he'd already accepted the invitation as well. There are two things I don't know how to interpret or do about at this point: (1) His invitation shows up as "sent" (not as "accepted") in the pending invitations, and (2) His name has "NC" next to it in the members list. I understand "NC" means "did not click on the confirm link" in the email. But what are the ramifications of that? Is this related, or equivalent, to his not having created a password? What should be the next steps? Very confused. Thanks.