locked Re: Lost passwords, no passwords and reset password, oh my

On Mon, Jan 18, 2016 at 11:44 AM, JohnF via Groups.io <johnf1686@...> wrote:
In general, I like the concept of allowing sign-in-via-email as proposed, and I think it will help reduce confusion.

The main thing I can think of that could go wrong is if an email provider goes out of business (or otherwise stops delivering Groups.io mail for any reason), and a user wants to switch to another email provider.  If that user doesn't have a password and can't log in via Facebook or Google+, is there any way to accomplish that?

In that specific case, no, they're out of luck. But if your email provider goes belly up, the modern Internet user is going to have a lot of problems.

I just pushed this to the site. Please let me know what you think.