locked Re: Group transfers feedback so far

Marlin47

Mark, a question....    Why bother with a test account?

Why not simply join the group yourself, and then have the owner of the group find your membership on the membership list,

and click on,  "Make Owner".

Done.

Marlin

On 1/6/2015 6:07 PM, Mark Fletcher wrote:
On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:
I'm curious what makes that a high bar?

I was thinking that for most people using or creating a least-privileged mod account would be a lower bar than figuring out how to export the email address list from one's Yahoo Group. Especially for groups of over 1000 members.

The one potential "high bar" I can see is if one doesn't already have a "test" account or other fallow account to use, and also doesn't have a mobile phone number to give to Yahoo's account creation process.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. Do you think most moderators have a throwaway test account already signed up to their group? And that they wouldn't mind giving access to that account to someone else?

So, in this scenario, the steps would be:
- Make sure you have a test account signed up as moderator to your group
- Create a group on Groups.io
- Give me the account's log in information
- I grab the user list and direct add into your new group

Mark

_._,_._