From: Mark Fletcher [mailto:markf@corp.groups.io]
Sent: Tuesday, January 06, 2015 7:08 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Group transfers feedback so far

On Mon, Jan 5, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Shal Farley <shal@...> wrote:

I'm curious what makes that a high bar?

I was thinking that for most people using or creating a least-privileged mod account would be a lower bar than figuring out how to export the email address list from one's Yahoo Group. Especially for groups of over 1000 members.

The one potential "high bar" I can see is if one doesn't already have a "test" account or other fallow account to use, and also doesn't have a mobile phone number to give to Yahoo's account creation process.

Well, maybe I'm wrong. Do you think most moderators have a throwaway test account already signed up to their group? And that they wouldn't mind giving access to that account to someone else?

So, in this scenario, the steps would be:

- Make sure you have a test account signed up as moderator to your group

- Create a group on Groups.io

- Give me the account's log in information

- I grab the user list and direct add into your new group