locked Re: after transfer, member having trouble creating password

It sounded like a random string to me. But I'll pass that on. Thanks.

On Sun, Jan 17, 2016 at 1:01 PM, Shal Farley <shals2nd@...> wrote:
J,

> She then posted, for the entire group to see, the password she set it to
> instead of communicating with the person offlist about it.

If she happened to have ever used that same password anywhere else she should go immediately and change it in all those places. This is a danger of using the same password for more than one account - exposure of one exposes them all.

I hate to think the password is something like a pets name, used for everything from email to banking. I'm a firm believer in using something like Password Safe or Last Pass to generate a unique random password for each account you hold.

-- Shal
https://groups.io/g/GroupManagersForum