locked Re: ANOTHER DISASTER - a member reset another member's password

I deleted all the emails starting with the one that posted the link, saying it was "for security reasons" LOL. So it's no longer there. I got the two people together and advised them to confer on the password situation. The one who changed it told the other one what it was, and then they both reset their own.

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 9:14 PM, J_Olivia Catlady <j.olivia.catlady@...> wrote:
Well, admittedly it was funny. But the person whose password was changed had to ask the other person to tell her the new password. She could not "choose a password and move on" LOL. She couldn't get into her own account. Luckily I run a very friendly group. ;)

On Sat, Jan 16, 2016 at 9:10 PM, kr402 via Groups.io <kr402@...> wrote:
Jeez!!

I am sorry that happened, but is it worth fighting over.
Life is to short to make a fuss over the little things.
What is the worse thing, you choose a new password and move on.

From: J_catlady
Sent: Saturday, January 16, 2016 21:03 PM
Subject: [beta] ANOTHER DISASTER - a member reset another member's password

In trying to help my transferred member figure out how to reset (or actually, create) a password, someone in my group posted a link to her OWN "reset password" link that she received in the transfer email. She warned people not to click on it since it might reset HER password.  Nobody thought that could actually happen, but unfortunately, it did: someone else clicked on the link and inadvertently re-set the other member's password.

I am now in an offlist pow-wow with the two of them, trying to figure out how to rectify the situation.