locked Re: DISASTER!!!

Janice,

This morning I found that all my files were missing. I contacted Mark.
He investigated and found that a member of my group had deleted several
files days ago and went in and deleted everything else today! They
cannot be recovered.
Yikes!

I agree, even the "Subscribers can view and upload" setting ought to limit members to editing or deleting their own uploads. Only moderators should have the power to alter or delete other members' content.

That rule should apply uniformly to content in all areas, not just messages. Maybe Wiki pages are a special case, but they already need more comprehensive per-page access settings, IMO.

This is exactly why I asked to have settings available so that members
could only edit or delete files and/or photos they uploaded.
Agreed, except that it shouldn't require a separate setting - it should just be the rule.

-- Shal