locked Re: NEW: Unmoderate After

On Sun, Jan 10, 2016 at 10:15 am, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
3. Is there a way for the owner/moderator to know how many posts remain
for a member before the status change occurs?
Not currently. I could add that. Where should it go?
I would suggest putting it in parentheses after the NuM indicator in the members list, like NuM(2) if the member has to post two more messages before becoming unmoderated.

That by itself would cause more people to post, "What does the number in parentheses mean?" So you should also update the tooltip when they hover over the indicator to explain.

Another option would be to show the remaining number when a moderator is approving a post, so that moderator would be aware that the user is going to become unmoderated after this post is approved. Though that makes me wonder, if a user has two posts to make before becoming unmoderated, then posts three messages before a moderator has a chance to act, does that third message go through unmoderated even though the first two are waiting, or does the status only change when the messages are let through by a moderator?

JohnF