From: D R Stinson [mailto:dano@...]
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 11:38 PM
To: beta@groups.io
Subject: Re: [beta] Notification to member of Role changes #members #suggestions

> It appears that members are not sent any notification when a moderator

> changes their Role. I think perhaps there should be.

I would rather this be a moderator's option. There are some posters we'd as soon think they're still moderated. They're much more thoughtful and careful about following group rules when they're moderated. Unmoderated, they seem to revert back to their own sloppy ways. There are a number of reasons why someone might want to change a moderator's abilities without coming out and saying something. Yeah, it's a little dysfunctional, but then, groups aren't democracies and sometimes quiet things work best for the owner.

Dano