locked Re: Blank lines behaving oddly in plain text messages #bug

On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 7:04 PM, Shal Farley <shalfarley@...> wrote:

There's still something odd happening to blank lines in plain text messages, at least those I submit by email. For example, compare the presentation of this message with its view source:
https://groups.io/g/beta/message/4847

A blank line disappeared after the paragraph "It goes away when you take it away." And extras appeared after each quote.

And I think the quote bars are being a little greedy about extending into the blank lines above and below them.

Good catch. I've fixed the missing blank line as well as removing some of the greed around the block quotes.

The code to do all that is a bit messy. I spent the day working to clean it up a bit and add some test cases. Please let me know if you see any other issues.

Thanks,
MarkĀ