locked Re: Early 2016 Roadmap

Nothing of the sort here, but what an awesome service it has been for me personally! It broke down a few times, but what do you expect? This is what I expect from this and any other service, whose experienced has been mixed for me, Emissives/Mailman being the worst possible both in terms of stability and support. Keep it up, and it would be awesome if it could come out of beta status in the not too distant future. It certainly didn't feel like a beta to me, and still doesn't. I think you should rename this group "development" or something of the sort. Looking forward to using Groups.io in 2016 and subsequent years.

On 4 Jan 2016, at 18:34, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi all,

I hope you all had a good New Year! While I did monitor beta@ during my vacation, it will take me a few days to go through and respond to the various threads from the past couple weeks. I appreciate your patience.

I've been thinking about what I'd like to get accomplished in the first part of this year. Here are my thoughts. Groups.io has been in quasi-beta status since launch (quasi because I haven't really made a big deal about it). I'd like to officially move out of beta status. To get there, I'd like to complete the following:

- Complete the database feature.
- Complete the long in-progress subdomains feature.
- Figure out what the Enterprise plan will be, if there is one.
- Work on some of the issues discussed over the past two weeks, including invite and join flows, and permissions.
- Bugfixes, of course.
- Decide whether beta@ should be renamed, and if so, to what.
- Figure out if there's anything I can or should be doing to funnel people to GroupManagersForum@ and similar groups, both to reduce traffic on beta@ and to keep its' scope more focused on development/improvement of the service.

Moving out of beta status will not have any real effect on the service. I will continue development in the same manner as now. Like all software development, there will still be bugs. It's more to say that we've been around over a year now, lots of people use the service, and things (generally :-) ) work.

Anyways, that's what I'm thinking. Let me know if you have questions or suggestions, especially about the last two bullet points.

(Here I'm using the @ sign after a word to designate a group name. Annoying? Useful? Meh?)