locked Early 2016 Roadmap

Hi all,

I hope you all had a good New Year! While I did monitor beta@ during my vacation, it will take me a few days to go through and respond to the various threads from the past couple weeks. I appreciate your patience.

I've been thinking about what I'd like to get accomplished in the first part of this year. Here are my thoughts. Groups.io has been in quasi-beta status since launch (quasi because I haven't really made a big deal about it). I'd like to officially move out of beta status. To get there, I'd like to complete the following:

- Complete the database feature.
- Complete the long in-progress subdomains feature.
- Figure out what the Enterprise plan will be, if there is one.
- Work on some of the issues discussed over the past two weeks, including invite and join flows, and permissions.
- Bugfixes, of course.
- Decide whether beta@ should be renamed, and if so, to what.
- Figure out if there's anything I can or should be doing to funnel people to GroupManagersForum@ and similar groups, both to reduce traffic on beta@ and to keep its' scope more focused on development/improvement of the service.

Moving out of beta status will not have any real effect on the service. I will continue development in the same manner as now. Like all software development, there will still be bugs. It's more to say that we've been around over a year now, lots of people use the service, and things (generally :-) ) work.

Anyways, that's what I'm thinking. Let me know if you have questions or suggestions, especially about the last two bullet points.

(Here I'm using the @ sign after a word to designate a group name. Annoying? Useful? Meh?)