locked Re: iOS app was Android app

Darn it, I forgot you can, indeed, add a website to your home screen. In Safari on iOS and with VoiceOver on, double tap the share button towards the bottom of the screen or towards the top on an iPad, and it's right there, called "add to home screen".

On 31 Dec 2015, at 18:15, Shal Farley <shals2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

Christopher,

While the website works pretty well on iOS with VoiceOver, it would be
nice to have a Groups.io app just so we don't have to go through hoops,
such as opening Safari, typing or searching for Groups.io and, if
necessary, log in.
On Android, you can add a web page to your home screen, so it looks and opens just like an app. That still leaves you with the need to log in every once in a while (I forget what the expiration time is), but not each time you open the "app".

I wouldn't be surprised if there's a way to do something similar in iOS.

By the way, I'm not arguing that an app isn't needed or desired - my purpose was simply to let Janice's potential member know that it is possible to use groups.io on his phone even without an app.

-- Shal