locked Edits, deletions, moderation, oh my!

Hi All,

I'm neck deep in working through some of the things we've talked about, and I want to verify that I'm going in the right direction. Plus, I have questions!

First phase:
- We will keep all edits to archived messages, and they can be viewed/compared, just like wiki pages.
- Deleted messages won't just disappear, they'll instead be replaced with 'This message has been deleted'.
- If a user (or group) is moderated, approval will be needed by the moderators before an edit or deletion happens.

Second phase:
- If a user (or group) is moderated, any calendar, files or wiki action will also require approval (assuming the person has the authority to do those actions in the first place). Basically, this changes the definition of moderated from just posting messages, to any action in the group.

Questions:
- Does this make sense?
- And do you want the second phase? I'm happy to do it, but it'll be a bunch of work.

And for the hard questions, about subjects and threads and hashtags. Right now, you can't edit the subject of an individual message, you can only edit the subject of the thread. It's not clear to me what should happen if we let people edit individual message subjects. For example, if you change the subject of a message in the middle of a thread, should that split the thread into two different threads in the archives? And should a 'normal' user be allowed to do that? Should editing subjects just be for moderators?

Hashtags are applied to threads, not messages. Should only the person who started the thread be able to edit them, or anyone that participated in that thread? Or only moderators?

I apologize, this is all probably pretty confusing.

Thanks for all feedback,