locked Re: Editing Files

Mark Fletcher

On Sun, Dec 20, 2015 at 12:49 PM, J_catlady <oliviajcatlady@...> wrote:
I, too, am taking my group live in January. But I'm not as worried about this as I was at first, because it's just the UI that seems unintuitive. The permissions ultimately are working correctly (at least in my group). I think that very few group members would actually make an attempt to edit the files in any case, and if they try, worst case they'll think they were successful but weren't. So I'm comfortable moving with this issue still outstanding.

Bug on my part. It's been fixed. If the Files section is set so that only moderators can edit, then the edit/move/delete icons will no longer show for normal members. If the Files section is set so that members can view and upload, then anybody can move/edit any file. This is how it was designed. It occurs to me that we should discuss whether it should be changed to something similar to how we treat messages; that is, you can always edit/move/delete your own files, but not others, unless you're a moderator. That could get tricky when discussing members deleting folders that contain uploads from multiple people, however.