locked Re: Wiki

Frances

Hi Mark

I tried both Safari and Firefox browsers with iOS 10.10.1 Clicking on the horizontal rule button does nothing!
Clicking the button was essentially “enter”. I also looked at the Keyboard Viewer to see if I could interpret the shortcuts for the horizontal rule.
(BTW, I did not test the shortcuts for the other styles / tools.)

Thanks for alphabetizing the pages within the wiki.
Any chance you make it easier to move text on the page? For example, if I want to edit this text -

Say I wanted to edit this text to move the sentence “The questions comply with the test’s specifications…” and put it first in the paragraph.

Of the 60 questions, 50 will count towards your score. Ten (10) questions are pilot questions that will not count towards your score. The questions comply with the test's specifications and have been approved for inclusion by a multidisciplinary team of subject-matter experts. While these questions will not count towards your final score, they may be used in future versions of this test. There are a total of 60 multiple-choice questions of two different types in this test

The questions comply with the test's specifications and have been approved for inclusion by a multidisciplinary team of subject-matter experts. Of the 60 questions, 50 will count towards your score. Ten (10) questions are pilot questions that will not count towards your score.  While these questions will not count towards your final score, they may be used in future versions of this test. There are a total of 60 multiple-choice questions of two different types in this test

It is easy in my email and in my word processing. Just select, drag and drop.

In the wiki, I have to select, cut and then paste it in the right place. Works, but more steps necessary.
Frankly, I don’t know how hard this is to do, but I guess I am used to drag and drop in word processing. So, just a nice to have!

The good news is display text and its associated URL, if any, do get cut and pasted properly.
For example, in a list like this where the items are links.

Airline alliances
• OneWorld Alliance
• Star Alliance
• SkyTeam Alliance

BTW, I appreciate the outdent. Useful.

Frances

On Dec 17 14, at 3:24 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

Hi Frances,

Thanks for the feedback. I have updated the software so now the pages are alphabetized. Thanks for the bug report.

I could not reproduce the problem you were having with the horizontal line. I was able to click the button and a line appeared. I did not try the keyboard shortcut however.

Currently, the wiki doesn't support images. It's definitely on the todo list.

On Tue, Dec 16, 2014 at 6:23 PM, Frances <travel@...> wrote:
Hi Mark,

I have been creating a couple of pages of travel links and it seems to work for our purposes.

I created a home page with links to a couple of subsidiary pages.
I used unordered bullets.

A few small points:

It would be nice if I could alphabetize them after I put them in. I don’t see any way to do that.

Drag and drop - looks like it is designed to work with images only, but I couldn’t paste an image and there was no upload. Am I missing something? I couldn’t use drag and drop to alphabetize my list.

The horizontal line didn’t seem to work. I tried Command / Function / Return on my Mac (Function changes the return key to an enter key), plus a few other possibilities.

Search - the search works but the results are poorly displayed. This is a search for ATM. It does say that it is on the page for Travel Tools, and the words “travel tools” is clickable. However it seems to be displaying the full page. That would be awkward if it were a text-heavy page.

<PastedGraphic-1.png>

Table - I couldn’t figure out how to create a table. Not obvious to me. I was able to create a table with Pages (Apple) and paste it in nicely.

Sidebar - Interesting. We might use it to go to our archive on YahooGroups once we migrate to Groups.io

Thanks!

Frances

On Dec 16 14, at 4:51 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

All,

I just pushed the wiki to the live site. It should be self explanatory (please let me know if anything is unclear). Permissions work like the Files section (default is: editable by moderators, viewable by members).

Depending on feedback, I'll announce it on updates in a few days.

Please let me know what you think.