locked Re: Editing Files

I just tested this again. The non-mod member was allowed to click on  "edit," allowed to  insert text, and and allowed to click on "update." After all of that, the group home page came back up and displayed the text "You do not have permission to access that page" at the very top, in a barely noticeable way.

So at least the permissions are working correctly in the end. But I think it would be more intuitive if the edit icon did not come up at all for members not allowed to edit; or, failing that, if the edit icon comes up, they are not allowed to enter text; or failing that, if they are allowed to enter text, the "you are not allowed" text comes up before they click on "update." With the current sequence, they may have thought they updated the file, or think they are allowed to (etc.).