locked Re: Edit time out for posts

David,

If I am reading this correctly and posts on IO may be edited, this is a
revolutionary and important development. I have stopped linking to
posts as much as they are carved in stone.
I have the opposite reaction: I don't like the fact that posts can be edited. An archive that can be edited isn't an archive, it is a chalkboard.

In a technical help group editing may be as much advantage as disadvantage, but in discussion groups I see too much potential for mischief, unless the message posts have wiki-like features for knowing who edited them and what changes were made.

Now in IO it would seem one can just go into the post and change or
delete the links. This is truely wonderful and will help me greatly.
In my own opinion that's what a wiki is for.

-- Shal