locked Re: Edit time out for posts

David P. Dillard

If I am reading this correctly and posts on IO may be edited, this is a revolutionary and important development. I have stopped linking to posts as much as they are carved in stone. If a post is shared on a pubically archived list and one links to this post, when the content such as lists of website links becomes invalidated by the presence of several dead links, one must repost the whole message and relink to the new content.
Now in IO it would seem one can just go into the post and change or delete the links. This is truely wonderful and will help me greatly.

Sincerely,
David Dillard
Temple University
(215) 204 - 4584
jwne@temple.edu

On Sat, 13 Dec 2014, Mark Fletcher wrote:

Frances,
You edited an already sent/archived post? Currently, when you edit it, it does not get re-sent to members.. I realize how
important that feature is, and once I finish the wiki (early next week), that's the next thing on the todo list.
On Sat, Dec 13, 2014 at 9:28 AM, Frances <travel@tansymews.ca> wrote:

Just edited my previous post rather than posting a followup. Just realized it was 10 or 15 minutes ago that I wrote
the first "draft" and sent it.

At what point does it go out to members? At what time? Or do they get another copy with the edits in it?

Just wondering for future reference.