locked Re: NEW: Unmoderate After

Trish McDonald

Oh, I see you already made that available as a default option for the group. Awesome!

Thanks,
Trish

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 7:51 PM, Trish M <happydogrescue@...> wrote:
I would love the option to be able to enable that as a default!

On Wed, Dec 16, 2015 at 7:44 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:
Hi All,

I just pushed out a new little feature. If your group is set to 'New Users Moderated', there will be an additional option in the group setting page, to set the number of approved posts that triggers the automatic unmoderation of people who were moderated as new users.

Notes:

- This is consecutive approved posts from someone. Reject or delete a post, and the count starts over.
- This required a new post status setting. Previously New Users Moderated just meant that new subscribers were set to 'Override: moderated'. Now, they are set to 'Override: new user moderated'. In all other ways, it acts the same as 'Override: moderated'.
- Since this only acts on members who are 'Override: new user moderated', it won't affect anyone who subscribed before this change (unless you go in and change their post status).
- The default is that this is not enabled. So if you do nothing, nothing will change for you.

I needed this feature with all the new users/traffic on beta@. Hopefully it'll be useful to others as well.

Holler if you have any questions. Also, I am working on the much requested database feature. I hope to have a version comparable to Yahoo's up before I go on vacation Friday.