locked Re: calendar allows entering of non-repeating event in the past #suggestion #bug

Carlos,

Re technical proficiency, I've always been one of those people who could build the engine but not drive the car.;) So I tend to want things to be more or less idiot-proof.

Olivia_J

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 3:07 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
Unfortunately, I suspect the problem is that argument could be made for almost any feature when you are dealing with many people operating at varying levels of technical proficiency.  Aside from the minor issue I experienced with the start/end date/time, configuring calendar events seems pretty straight forward to me.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] calendar allows entering of non-repeating event in the past #bug #wishlist

Already doing that. I need to play with it some more. Seems like Instructions for this in the FAQ wiki could be expanded, since it's  somewhat tricky.

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2015, at 2:53 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:

Make sure to configure the start and end date/time to be the same if you are not using reminders.  Initially I did not realize this myself and when I skipped this step no notifications were being sent.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2015 5:36 PM
Subject: Re: [beta] calendar allows entering of non-repeating event in the past #bug #wishlist

Ok. Makes sense. I think a warning dialogue might be nice.;) I'm still testing the calendar (aka, testing what still seems to be complete inability to effectively use the calendar) and so far am totally striking out. No notice is sent unless I select 'reminders', in which case multiple noticed are sent. I at first suspected the problem was that no time zone seems to be set up (or you're getting my home cone from somewhere), I will report back yo you offlist as you originally requested once I get further along.
Thanks.
Olivia_J

Sent from my iPhone

On Dec 15, 2015, at 2:31 PM, Mark Fletcher <markf@corp.groups.io> wrote:

On Tue, Dec 15, 2015 at 9:14 AM, oliviaj_catlady <oliviajcatlady@...> wrote:

Question: Is the calendar meant to accommodate and record events in the past as well as schedule events in the future, or is it meant strictly to schedule events in the future? 

I have always appreciated being able to add events in the past, so that's how I created this calendar. I can look at adding a warning dialog, but I wouldn't want to remove the feature itself.

Thanks,
Mark 

--
Olivia_J
On the internet, nobody knows you're a cat

Join main@beta.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.