locked Re: how to schedule files to go out automatically?

I just checked. You can upload a PDF to google drive.

Trish

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 9:12 AM, Trish <pnrfan@...> wrote:
Olivia,

For my automatic reminder notices, I either use a google doc/spreadsheet/etc. (with appropriate permissions set) and link to it in the calendar or I store the text directly in the calendar notice. There's plenty of room to store text in there.

Trish

On Sun, Dec 13, 2015 at 8:20 PM, Carlos <carlos1106@...> wrote:
I believe there is a misunderstanding.  The calendar cannot directly send out file attachments.  You can either:
1. Paste the contents of a text document into the description of an event.
2. Paste the link to a file stored in the "Files" section into the description of an event.  You can obtain the link to a file stored in the "Files" section by right clicking the link and selecting "Copy shortcut" or something similar depending on the browser being used.
----- Original Message -----
Sent: Sunday, December 13, 2015 8:05 PM
Subject: [beta] Re: how to schedule files to go out automatically?

Trish (or anyone), I'm still stymied on sending out periodic files, even trying to use the calendar (which I understand some of you are using successfully). You wrote:

"So you could probably store the PDF in the files section, then add a calendar reminder notice to periodically send that link out to the group members."

How does one acquire a link to a file stored in the group? I found the amazonaws link, but it "expired" within a few seconds.

Thanks for any help on this. It's turning into a possible dealbreaker for the pet mods. Everybody wants to send out monthly reminders, and they are long, consisting of the entire group rules, the rules about not practicing medicine on the internet, etc. etc. etc. It's not just a small slab of text that you can paste into a calendar date. Also, there are typically a handful of files that need to be sent out together, once or twice a month.

I found a prior thread on this group asking about the same issue. Perhaps the FAQ Mark is putting together will provide an answer and I'm just impatient. (That's because I want to transfer my group SOON.;)

Olivia_J